Project Site: Othaim Mall Othaim Mall is one of the popular shopping malls in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia known for its different and unique architectural design. It belongs to the Abdullah Al-Othaim Markets Company whose main activities are food wholesaling, grocery stores, and malls. As of 2011, the company operated 65 supermarkets, 26 convenience stores, eight wholesale outlets, and seven hypermarkets. They have been ranked by Forbes as No. 3 on the list of top executive management in the Arab World Retail in 2016. Abdullah Al Othaim Real Estate Investment and Development Company (one of the Al Othaim Holding Companies) is considered as one of the specialized companies in constructing and operating big shopping malls. Al Othaim adheres to the international standards in the process of selecting the appropriate location and attracts international and local brands, in addition to having specialized professionals in this field. Al Othaim owns 8 big shopping malls.
As a premise providing different entertainment and services, Othaim Mall needs to serve a great quantity of clients including a large amount of walk-in customers. It would not be realistic and possible to register every client’s identity, and it would not prevent armed attacks either. Thus, a feasible solution is a system that is able to instantly and effectively detect and recognize dangerous good including weapons in order to stop any potential threat to security.
Walk-through Metal Detector
Hand-held Metal Detector
• Our client required an easy installation that does not need large space and modification. Thus, ZK-D3180S are deployed with its easy assembly and installation, its modularization design also enables easy maintenance and replacement.
• Security staffs of the mall regularly patrol the area and randomly perform security inspections with the hand-held metal detectors.
• The applied solution involves 16 units of ZK-D3180S Walk-through Metal Detectors and 20 units of ZK-D100S Hand-held metal detectors.
• The walk-through metal detectors are deployed in various entrances of the mall. All visitors are required to be scanned by the devices to ensure that no weapons or abandoned goods are carried into the area of the mall.
• The ZK-D3180S also is able to perform alarm counting for the convenience of review of security measures, automatic visitors counting also is favorable to business analysis.
• With sound and LED alarm notifications, when any metal is detected, security staffs are instantly informed and the LED indicates the position of the detected metal.